Accounts receivable and collection percentages are a subject that we hear about frequently. Every doctor has a different idea about what a good collection percentage is as well as how to collect money for services rendered.
I’m sure many of our readers are very familiar with The Practice Solution Magazine’s phone surveys. Our team of surveyors speak with doctors all over the country, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
It would be nice if employees never made any mistakes and always did a perfect job. But, we are all human, and mistakes and on-the-job errors are part and parcel of running a practice. That raises the question, what do you do when your staff err and how do you correct them? Here are some […]
Below is a list of items that should be included in any basic office policy or policies: Policy is very important to establish so that the entire group understands the rules and agreements upon which the office operates. When you have good policies known and understood by all staff, you get an effective and efficient […]
As the owner of a practice, you need to ask yourself about your own leadership attributes and management qualities:
- Are you a good leader?
- Do you run from conflict?
- Are you able to motivate your staff?
- Is your office a harmonious environment, or is it filled with conflict?
- Do you feel that your staff “own” their jobs, or do they just punch in and out?
- Do you ever feel “held hostage” by your staff?
- Are you running your practice, or is your practice running you?